Managed Firewalls/IDS/IPS/Web Filtering
Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) are both parts of the network infrastructure. IDS don’t alter the network packets in any way, whereas IPS prevents the packet from delivery based on the contents of the packet, much like how a firewall prevents traffic by IP address.
We provide Intrusion Detection (ID) as the process of monitoring for and identifying attempted unauthorized system access or manipulation. An ID system gathers and analyses information from diverse areas within a computer or a network to identify possible security breaches which include both intrusions (attack from outside the organization) and misuse (attack from within the organization).
An Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
We also provide with network security or threat prevention technology that examines network traffic flows to detect and prevent vulnerability exploits. Vulnerability exploits usually come in form of malicious inputs to target application or service that attacker use to interrupt and gain control of applications or machines.
In this this case the IPS was going to take the following actions:
- Sending an alarm to the administrator,
- Dropping the malicious packets,
- Blocking traffic from source address
Wire Speed Systems offer Web filtering as a technology that stops users from viewing certain URLs or websites by preventing their browsers from loading pages from these sites. Web filters are made in different ways and deliver various solutions for individual, family, institutional or enterprise use.
In general, Web filters work in two distinct ways:
- They can block content as determined by quality of the site, by consulting known lists which document and categorize popular pages across all genres of content.
- Or, they can evaluate the content of the page live and block it accordingly. Many Web filter tools work off a constantly updated URL database that shows which websites and domains are associated with hosting malware, phishing, viruses or other tools for harmful activities.